Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Countdown to Taper Week....


Well lets just say that this is the most training that we (Nick, Josh and I) have ever done.  Even before when we were collegiate softball and baseball athletes, triathlon training is completely different than anything we have experienced.  It has been the most fun meeting new people in this sport and has allowed to to train and grow together as a couple.

Last weekend we did our longest brick with a couple of friends; Sara, Lizzy and Andrew.  They totally kept us motivated and pushed us on our first half of our 60 mile bike and 8 mile Trun.  Its great to have friends at your side cheering you on towards your goals.  I would have to say that was the toughest, mentally, workout I have ever done.  It totally made me doubt myself as to whether or not I could even accomplish, or even finish a Half Ironman.  But once I was looked back at how hard we have been training, how far we had come and how much we have changed our lives to accomplish these goals....Im totally focused on staying healthy and finishing strong!
My awesome husband pumping up my tires before our long ride...and Josh putting on his SPF 100 for his fair skin!  He always says that I stole his pigment!  And he stole the tape worm!  BRAT!  Below is Sara (farting around) and Andrew getting ready before our long ride.



Every weekend we met up at Lakewood Ranch Starbucks in our usual parking spot.  Our usual routine:  pump up tires (thanks Nick), fill up aerodrink and water bottles, strap on the fuel belt pocket and fill it up with my banana HammerGel (yummy), pee inside the bucks, make sure we have spare tubes/CO2, lather up with SPF, cleats check, helmet check, IPOD check, pee again :)  and we're off.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment