Sunday, May 24, 2009

Triathlon is a sickness

I ran for the first time today since the Florida 70.3. A "short" 7-miler that felt like 10 in this brutal Florida heat. I guess I can't complain considering it didn't rain today.
What is it about training for triathlons that is so addicting? Maybe it's the constant desire to be better and to improve. Whether it's nutrition or swim stroke, their is always something I am analyzing.
I can remember last weekend during the half marathon portion of the Half-Ironman, saying to myself, "what the hell was I thinking," "this sucks!" Not great positive self talk. I am working on it.
Yet, soon after I had crossed the finish line, (once I started to get feeling back in my legs) I couldn't wait for the next one. Yep...Augusta, GA 70.3 in September.
It really is a sickness!

nick

No comments:

Post a Comment